May 2016 By Vickie Kiser
I bet you can't make just one. These little guys are so addictive that while you are making the first set, you will be making a list of friends and family members for whom you would like to make one. They use those wonderful scraps that you just didn't have the heart to part with. You get two adorable pods out of two 10" squares of fabric, a bit of batting and a zipper. With some of your fabric choices, you won't know which you want to use as the outer and which the lining. The beauty is that you can do one of each out of the 10" squares.
In just a handful of hours, I made ten peapods!
Useful Gift Ideas:
- Teacups and fill it with tea bags for that tea drinking friend
- Sewing related fabric filled with Clover binding clips for that quilting buddy,
- Holiday fabric for a Secret Santa gift,
- Fun fabric filled with chocolate for a thank you to your hairdresser, manicurist or message therapist,
- A place to keep wineglass markers,
- Lip balm in your purse or hair scrunchies.
- For kids, what about their lunch money, marbles, jacks (do kids still play with those?)
The list of recipients is endless - what about mom, grandmother, sister, anyone that you just want to say thanks to for just being there?
I hope you have as much fun making them as I did. Send us pics, we would love to see what you have come up with.
Product Name: Sweetpea Pods by Lazy Girl Designs
The pattern and all supplies to make it are available at Green's Sewing & Vacuum.